Surroundings and activities
From Casa La Olla it is wonderful hiking in the valley and adjacent valleys. At 100 meters distance runs the GR 242 (Gran Senda de la Axarquia) , a hiking trail (of another 7.7 km) to Rincon de La Victoria on the coast. The white village of Moclinejo with a bakery, a supermarket, a restaurant, a bodega, a gallery and a small museum, is within walking distance (1 km).
Casa La Olla is an excellent base for a variety of activities, including:
- a day at the beach with a meal at one of the many restaurants located at the beach
- a visit to Málaga with its many shops, restaurants and museums, including the Picasso Museum, the Centre Pompidou, the Carmen Thyssen Museum, the Russian Museum, the Car Museum of Málaga, the Centro de Arte Contemporáneo de Málaga, the Moorish fortress Alcazaba, Gibralfaro Castle and the Mercada Atarazanas (large indoor market with food hall)
- A visit to Nerja, Almuñecar or Ronda
- a visit to one of the many local markets in the area
- a car or bike ride on the grapes route (Ruta de la pasa), which passes the village of Moclinejo and runs along other white villages.
- a walk in the Parque Naturel Montes de Málaga or the Parque Natural Sierras de Tejeda, Almijara y Alhama
- a walk in the natural park Torcal in Antequerra
- skiing (December to April) or hiking in the Sierra Nevada
- hike on the Caminito del Rey
- play golf
- a flamenco performance
- a visit of Granda and the Alhambra
- a visit to the Mezquita in Córdoba or to Seville
- a trip to Gibraltar and the Atlantic coast
- a crossing to Morocco.